The Zeta Psi Wall Street Scholars Program is an internship program that places business-minded undergraduate students within Zeta Psi in positions with NYC-area firms, providing them with valuable work experience and networking opportunities.

Friday, July 10, 2009

The AICPA

Hello,

My name is Eric Pearson and I am interning at AICPA for the summer. During the year, I attend Cornell University and will be graduating next year. I am pursuing a degree in Industrial and Labor Relations which has helped to prepare me for many of the tasks I have accomplished so far this summer. In the three weeks I have worked so far, I helped in preparing the AICPA’s “CPA Letter Daily” and “CPA Letter Monthly” which keeps CPAs up-to-date on world news and how it affects the Accounting profession. I have also helped in designing programs for the AICPA’s “Leadership Academy” and collected and organized essential data for the organization.

So far the work has been interesting and I enjoy providing my services and witnessing events that thousands will see. One such occurrence was when I attended a live taping last week for the AICPA’s press release on the proposed IFRS for SMEs. I have lived in Manhattan my whole life
and really enjoy how close the office is to where I live. The work is rewarding and the office itself has a very friendly atmosphere. I look forward to providing further updates as the summer progresses.

In TKP,
Eric Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment